On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 14:54:59 +0900, Eric Christopherson wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Peter Zotov
> <whitequark / whitequark.org> wrote:
>> I'm pleased to announce that Ruby Cross Reference has just been
>> rolled out.
>>
>> http://rxr.whitequark.org/
>
> Looks excellent!
>
> I don't know if you've been hacking on LXR yourself, but I thought
> I'd
> let you know about some issues I've seen with parsing of Ruby files.
> First: an underscore sometimes gets split apart from the word it
> belongs to, and cross-referenced, as with line 139 with "def
> self._load(str)" at
> <http://rxr.whitequark.org/rubinius/source/kernel/common/tuple.rb>.
> In
> that case, the text for "load" is not a link; just "_". Line 134 with
> "def _dump(depth)" in the same file correctly treats "_dump" as one
> word.
>
> Another thing I notice in that file is that argument names are
> sometimes cross-referenced and sometimes not; e.g. "depth" in _dump
> is, but not "str" in _load. This might be related to the previous
> issue.
>
> Finally, method names like "==" and "[]" aren't cross-referenced.

 Thanks.

 Yes, I've hacked on LXR code itself (i.e. reworked all the templates,
 fixed a few bugs etc.), and it does not have Ruby support out of the
 box. I've added something, but... the whole LXR and the parsing code
 particularily is... well, it is a huge crappy heap of most obscure Perl
 code I've seen in my entire life.

 I definitely lack the knowledge needed to add proper Ruby support. I
 slowly
 explore things out, but if you (or anyone else) may help, that would be
 very great!

 The .rb file icon will be fixed later today.

--
   WBR, Peter Zotov.