Damien Joly <do_joly / yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:<3CB6039C.9070607 / yahoo.ca>...
> At risk of betraying my extreme newbie status, I am again seeking help
> to get pocketruby working on a HP Jornada 820.  I have downloaded
> embedded VB from microsoft (all 300 meg), and copied the necessary
> pvbDecl.dll to the \windows directory on the Jornada, but I am still
> getting the same error message ("Cannot find extension file
> pvbDecl.dll.").  I tried recomplining pocketruby, but get a whole
> different set of errors.
>
> Does anyone have any hints or experience on this?
>
> Thank you (again) in advance,
>
> Damien

First, make sure you have the right version of pvbdecl.dll - I'm
guessing the Jornada 820 is running Windows CE 2.11, so you'll need
pvbdecl.dll from \Windows CE Tools\wce211\MS HPC Pro\Runtimes\arm from
your embedded visual tools installation (there's a pile of different
pvbdecl.dll's).

Second, I did a quick search for "cannot find extnesion file..." in
Google Groups and found that people ran across this error in various
other eVB apps - but there is a solution.  It's not enough to copy the
file, you need to register the DLL as well.  The embedded visual tools
comes with the equivalent of Windows' regsvr32.exe, regsvrce.exe.

Copy regsvrce.exe over to your device (e.g. \Windows CE
Tools\wce211\MS HPC Pro\Target\arm\regsvrce.exe) and if you have a
command-line on the HP Jornada 820, then then do something like
"regsvrce pvbdecl.dll"

If you don't have a command prompt, then embedded Visual Basic comes
with an install wizard that sets up the DLLs.  Load up the VB project
portion of PocketRuby (or make a dummy eVB program) and choose
Tools/Remote Tools/Application Install Wizard...  and run it.  The
wizard should set up the DLLs and register them, as well as copy over
the VB program onto your device.

Let me know if this works or not.

Hope this helps,

Li-Te