--bcaec51b1c2bb30f7c04a0e7bea6

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Everett L Williams II <rett / classicnet.net
> wrote:

> *Hasn't anybody in the management of this forum the guts to either quiet or
> dispatch Chad Perrin before he manages to do more damage than he already
> has.

This is not how openness works. I also read almost every post to this
mailing list/forum, and I have not recently seen anything from Chad that is
damaging. I don't know what you have in mind here; perhaps you're referring
to the heated discussion about Excel as a programming language which
derailed because of meta-arguments over semantics?

> He cannot be reasoned with, he sees all who disagree with him as the enemy,
> and he attacks constantly.

This is not constructive; you're attacking someone personally and making
claims about them as an individual.

> However much he may contribute to Ruby, he will contribute to it's demise
> if he continues without moderation. He appears to be quite expert in Ruby,
> but if he attacks every other method of working as if it were the enemy, he
> cannot benefit the cause in either the short or the long run. In any case,
> he has certainly caused me to lose my taste for further adventures in Ruby.
> That is no great loss, but others might be.

I don't think starting a whole new thread just to attack an individual -- in
public, no less -- is a worthwhile contribution to this mailing list/forum,
regardless of what you think about Chad's views. Perhaps it would be better
to directly talk with the people in charge of ruby-talk.

> Please unsubscribe me from this list.

You may do so without direct assistance from the people who administer this
mailing list: