Hello all, I am a beginner programmer and a beginner to Ruby. I was just
going through a tutorial book and trying to create some programs. The
current program I am working on I am having trouble with.

I have defined a method and the last thing in the method is a puts
concatenation. The program runs and does everything correctly except for
when I call the method it puts the string and then nil underneath.

I thought the return value was the last value of the string so I don't
understand why it is doing this. How do I get rid of the nil?