Hi all,

I'm new in this forum (but I have been following it for months)

I did some canvas tests on my Debian Squeeze with Ruby 1.8 + Tk, and
everything was OK.

Then I chose to move to Ruby 1.9 ; so I cleaned my old Ruby packages and
installed "ruby1.9.1-full package", which comes with Tk8.4

My problem is I can't get Ruby TK programs run properly, because the
Tk.mainloop is non blocking ; my program exists immediately, I only see
the Tk canvas appear and disappear.

This occurs even on the simpliest program, like :
require 'tk'
rr=TkRoot.new
cc=TkCanvas.new(rr)
cc.pack
Tk.mainloop

Running it under IRB, the window appears correctly.

Any clue about this behaviour and how to make Tk.mainloop work as
expected ? Thanks