--0016364c77ffe6101104a0c646a1

ok, so i'm working on a project that requires me to use swig to write some
ruby bindings.  unfortunately, when i try and run swig & i give it the
directory of ruby.h it gives me a "ruby/config.h not found" error.  i'm
using rvm so i can manage the different versions i'm going to be testing
against, but that shouldnt matter as when i compiled from source it have me
the same error.  i _can_ find config.h, it's in "i686-linux/ruby" not "ruby"
(relative to ruby.h).  whats the deal with this?  i mean i can _easily_
symlink or copy config.h to the proper place, but i shouldnt have to do
this.  and before anyone asks i did configure with --enable-shared.  is this
a bug i need to talk to the head-honchos about??  i would like this resolved
so i dont have to worry about this when i install other versions of ruby
 (or asking people to do this for their version of ruby).  i mean, it kind
of looks bad if i ask someone to symlink something for me (and yes i could
do it for them in my config scripts, but the whole thing should be
unessisary!)

thanks in advance!
hex

--0016364c77ffe6101104a0c646a1--