Okay, so it's not really explained in the README, but it's in the docs.  I'm
not looking for a BANNER, i'm looking for
default_task<http://rdoc.info/github/wycats/thor/master/Thor.default_task>,
which I can output something useful with it:
http://rdoc.info/github/wycats/thor/master/Thor.default_task

So, say you have a class:

class App < Thor

  desc "foo", "do foo things"
  def foo

You want a default task?  Well, you might also want to display the help
while you're at it:

class App < Thor

  default_task :the_banner

  desc "help", "my help, not Thor's"
  def the_banner
    puts <<-THING

You can put anything here, why not?  This is a help doc, afterall.
           THING
    help # call help to tack on those useful Task descriptions

and when you run the thing from the command-line:

$ ruby app.rb

You can put anything here, why not?  This is a help doc, afterall.
Tasks:
  app.rb help        # my help, not Thor's
  app.rb help [TASK] # Describe available tasks or one specific task

<http://rdoc.info/github/wycats/thor/master/Thor.default_task>
-Nick Klauer