Hey there! Maintainer of Shoes here!

You don't need to install Ruby because Shoes is like its own Ruby
distribution. It comes with a Ruby 1.9.1 built inside of it.

> What are the limitation of using Shoes? I like it and even if there are
some limitations I will definitely give it a try.

The main limitation is that you can't use gems with C extensions. We've
included a few with Shoes: bloopsaphone, chipmunk, ftsearch, hpricot, json,
and squite3, but that's all you're going to get.

The second limitation is that Shoes can still be a bit strange in places.
I'm currently undergoing an effort to increase documentation and add tests,
but you can run into strange corners sometimes.

The last big limitation is that some larger Shoes programs can be a bit
unstable on Windows sometimes. I can't reproduce this myself, but Hackety
Hack (the largest Shoes program I know of) will just die on certain systems
after about 15 minutes of running. It has something to do with Ruby 1.9.1
and threads, and I'm working on it, but be aware of that. Smaller programs
seem to have no issues, and it's not on every system, just some.

With that said, Shoes is a lot of fun to code with, and you get all three
platforms for free, so... yeah!

Any other questions about Shoes, I'll be happy to answer them.