On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 7:48 PM, andrew mcelroy <sophrinix / gmail.com> wrote:

> This is what TryRuby.org is suppose to be.
>
> I am currently working on a offline and mobile version of that project.
> Additionally, I have been working on adding new lessons and more
> capabilities.

How are the lessons (well, the content, really, as opposed to the
code) licensed?

> Additionally, TryRuby is linked on the front page of ruby-lang.org as well
> as on reddit.com/r/ruby.

Well, not everyone wants to try a programming language in a web browser.

It's more something for the technologically savvy, than the Average
Joe (GMail vs Hotmail users, to use stereotypes :P).

> There was an earlier comment that _why's poignant guide to ruby is too
> eccentric for most people. This is a new insight to me. I found that guide
> to be very playful and fun.

Oh, it can be. But not every one has the mindset of dealing with
playfulness or the quirky sense of humour the Guide has.

Of course, I've recommended it as a resource, way back when, since
there's no arguing taste.

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Though the folk I have met,