--00163649984f51ec9404a0bc3856

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Phillip Gawlowski <
cmdjackryan / googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Vincent Manis <vmanis / telus.net> wrote:
> >
> > This does bring up an issue. I would like to see www.ruby-lang.org have
> a page
> > `Totally new to programming', with appropriate resources; this page would
> be
> > prominently linked to on the front page.

This is what TryRuby.org is suppose to be.

I am currently working on a offline and mobile version of that project.
Additionally, I have been working on adding new lessons and more
capabilities.

Additionally, TryRuby is linked on the front page of ruby-lang.org as well
as on reddit.com/r/ruby.

There was an earlier comment that _why's poignant guide to ruby is too
eccentric for most people. This is a new insight to me. I found that guide
to be very playful and fun.

Respectfully,
Andrew McElroy
http://TryRuby.org