On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Martin DeMello <martindemello / gmail.com> wrote:

> He does raise a good point - it would be nice to have a classic 3 pane
> IDE (files, program text, output window) that bundled a copy of ruby
> in an all-in-one installer, so that you just launched it, typed in
> some code, ran it, and saved it when you were happy with it. It
> needn't be very powerful in the grand scheme of things, just trivial
> to install and run "hello world" from.

So, a package like NetBeans 6.9, then, which includes an IDE (I don't
think that a total newby to programming should have to deal with a
full fledged IDE, though, considering the mental overhead *that*
introduces), and a JRuby runtime, all in one installer.

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Though the folk I have met,
(Ah, how soon!) they forget