On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 3:27 PM, James Nathan <badlands_2004 / yahoo.com> wrote:
> No, I will try another program to learn to write a program. Ruby is just to hard to download, and to work with.
> thanks for all your help and understanding.
> James Nathan

To put it bluntly: All easy(-ish) to use and learn scripting languages
follow the same path: download, install, use editor to write software.

Java, .NET, and C/++ are much more difficult for a newby to software
development to get running (assuming that you mostly use a computer to
get stuff done, and don't have much of a technical background).

With Ruby installed, all you need is a text editor to write your code
in, or an IDE (which presents its own learning curve, but can pay off
in the long run).

Anyway, how, in your opinion, can we make it easier for you to get
started? IOW, what do you expect to have, when you download a Ruby
installer?

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Though the folk I have met,