Fily Salas wrote in post #992195:

> is it possible to make small animations with
> Ruby? If yes, is this what the GUI is for?

  hi fily -

   simple animations are easy with gtk2...
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/ja/hiki.cgi?Gdk::PixbufAnimation

for example:

require 'gtk2'

  win = Gtk::Window.new()

  anim = Gdk::PixbufAnimation.new("TradyBlix.gif")
  image = Gtk::Image.new(anim)

  win.add(image)
  win.show_all

  win.signal_connect("destroy"){Gtk.main_quit}

Gtk.main

  "TradyBlix.gif" is a simple animation i made in gimp.

  i don't know about animations with wxRuby, as i don't use it, but it's
probably also possible.

> Do I need a separate program to package the application?

  ruby apps can be made executable (so you don't have to type "ruby"
before the app name to run it...  how you do that depends on your
system, and the target system - there's plenty of info with a google
search.

  have fun...

  -j