On Fri 12 Apr 2002 at 13:48:23 +0900, james / rubyxml.com wrote:

> I gave it the search example a whirl, and it works fine.  I changed
> search.rb code to emit the results as XML, but it seems Google is returning
> data with embedded markup.  Some of it is just distracting, such as
> <b>search</b> <b>word</b>, but unclosed 'br' elements break the XML.

Yes, I noticed that myself. One would hope that the results would be
returned as plain text, but maybe that was deemed too expensive on the
server side.

> I hacked around that using a gsub on the result strings, but I'm
> wondering if the markup is a permanent feature.

No idea. It will be interesting to see how the Web API develops
further.

Ian
-- 
Ian Macdonald               | "It's not just a computer -- it's your
ian / caliban.org             | ass."   -- Cal Keegan 
                            | 
                            | 
                            |