Thank you all for your reply.

It looks like Shoes is the easiest GUI but I'm a little afraid when I
dont have a book or something to learn from thats why I went with FXRuby
because it has a book, but since it looks like learning a GUI is like
learning a new language I want to make the right decision and stick with
one for a while.

I will give Shoes a try.

Excuse my ignorance but is it possible to make small animations with
Ruby? If yes, is this what the GUI is for?

When I say small animation I'm talking about mouse over transitions and
all the simple stuff NOT animations for banners or anything like that.

Do I need a separate program to package the application?

I usually get exited about being able to create an application using a
language like ruby, thats why I want to give it a try.

Thanks a lot