On 2011-04-11, at 16:50, jake kaiden wrote:
>  these two are the ruby and rails base class api's, which will give =
you=20
> information on the built in classes and how to use them:
> ruby-doc.org/core/
> api.rubyonrails.org/
>=20
>  the "pragmatic guide" is also very good, and has examples and=20
> tutorials:
> http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/
>=20
>  this is also a decent introduction tutorial:
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/codecorn/ruby/basictutorial.htm
>=20
>  and, of course - there is my personal favorite, the "poignant-guide":
> http://www.thinkingaloud.net/whys-poignant-guide-to-ruby/

These are all excellent books, and for those who really want to grok =
Ruby,  the Poignant Guide is excellent. But for somebody who is brand =
new to Ruby, and to programming in general, I'd still recommend Ullman's =
Ruby: Visual Quickstart Guide as a really good place to start. It does =
things like walking you through installing Ruby, for example.=20

-- vincent=