On 2011-04-11, at 16:19, James Nathan wrote:

> is there a disk that we can seen off and use. so that we can all the =
parts of ruby and ruby on rails. I would like this disk.
> James Nathan

James,=20

The Ruby system is at www.ruby-lang.org. It contains all of the source =
code for the Ruby system, written in C and Ruby. If you're running on =
Windows, you should use the Ruby Installer for Windows, at =
ruby-forge.org. This has all the software for Ruby on Windows: you =
download it and run it, and you have Ruby on your computer.=20

If you haven't read a book on Ruby, I really recommend you do that. You =
might possibly find `Ruby: Visual Quickstart Guide' useful. According to =
the listing on ruby-lang.org, it had 4 glowing reviews and no bad ones, =
so it might be a good book. You can probably find it in your local =
public library if you don't want to buy it (I found it in the online =
catalogs of 2 suburban Vancouver-area libraries, so libraries in your =
area probably have it as well).=20

Hope that helps -- vincent=