Hi,

I have a desk-top application that I created using Actionscript 3.0 and
AIR, nothing fancy it just basically calculates the quantity of
rectangular parts that can fit in a bigger rectangular part based on the
users input, the thing  is that it ALSO dynamically creates the actual
rectangles and show them on the screen based on the same factors and I
was wondering if this is something I can create with Ruby and may be
FXRuby, I do understand that Ruby is not meant for big application but
for something like this I think it would be nice to give it try since I
want to start working more with Ruby and this would be the perfect time
since I need to update the application.

I guess my question is what do I need to create full applications
because I have no doubt that it can be done with Ruby I just need to
know what tools do I need to create it?

What GUI can dynamically create objects?

 I currently have FXRuby installed in my machine and I also bought the
book but when I go to their website it looks outdated and Im wondering
if it would be worth it to learn it or is it even the right tool to
create the application Im describing (see screen-shot).

Just to give you an idea in the attached screen shot Im calculating how
many times I can fit a 15x2 part into a 60x120

Thanks

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6115/calculator.JPG
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6116/calculator.JPG