Hi,

"Yukihiro Matsumoto" wrote:

> In message "[ruby-talk:03792] Re: Widening out discussions"
>     on 00/07/03, Dave Thomas <Dave / thomases.com> writes:
>
> |Presumably that volunteer needs to speak Japanese?
>
> I'm afraid he needs to.  The document for the translation software is
> in Japanese.

Hmm. Can't the translation software translate its own documentation? :-)

Even though such a translation might be too tricky to do sufficiently well,
it still would be an interesting experiment to try translating a couple of
pages and post them here as an example.

Would it be simpler to begin by doing a batch translation of daily mail
digests?

To (maybe) help reduce (some) translation-caused misunderstandings, I think
a potentially important heuristic feature of a translation gateway should be
the (optional) retranslation of the translated text back into the original
language.

Conrad