> That is incredibly cool! But can you really implement *any* language?
> What about languages that are completely different from javascript?
> In Haskell, for example, everything happens lazily, data is
> immutable, there is a complex type system. Can you really map this
> right to javascript? (or am I misunderstanding OMeta?)

My take here is full of handwaving.  I'll admit I've never of O-Meta
before.

Comp sci point of view:
OMeta is turing complete?  If so then by universality it is possible.

Further, OMeta can run C#, it doesn't take a huge stretch of the
imagine to say it can run C. Haskell can compile to C*. Therefore it can
run Haskell.

The best way to do it though would be to port the STG-Machine** into
O-meta.  Fun!

* Check the list of GHC features http://www.haskell.org/ghc/

** See "Implementing lazy functional languages on stock hardware: the
Spineless Tagless G-machine", Simon Peyton Jones 1992. The link on SPJ's
website is dead unforunately :(

I've been tempted to port STG into ruby before.  Or maybe just
G-Machine because it's simpler.  It just sounds like a fun little
project.

Sorry for yet another random long interjection on functional
programming.  SIGH.