--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 10:26:44AM +0900, Alex Stahl wrote:

> Not that I've been following this thread, but I saw the comment at the
> end regarding Excel as a programming language and thought I'd supply an
> example.
>=20
> Not that it's terribly practical, it's a fascinating use of Excel as a
> tool to me:
>=20
> http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3563/microsoft_excel_revolutionary_=
3d_.php

I agree it's a fascinating use of Excel, as a toy test of how much the
application can be abused.  I don't think that qualifies Excel as a
language of any kind, though.  It is still an end-user spreadsheet
application that has a macro language.  The macro language qualifies as a
(somewhat limited) programming language, though.

--=20

--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF