Anyone here use Vim?  I'm trying to get my first plugin, NERD_tree to
work and can't seem to figure it out or find the solution anywhere
online.

I unzipped the .zip from Vim.org into ~/.vim and it created the doc,
nerdtree_plugin, and plugin directories.

Then I went into Vim and tried a ton of different commands to no avail.
I get one of the two following examples:

:NERD_tree
E464: Ambiguous use of user-defined command

:nerdtree (or any command other than the above)
E492: Not an editor command: nerdtree

I'm new to Vim and am not sure what steps to take to get past this. Any
help is hugely appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan