--/Uq4LBwYP4y1W6pO

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 12:42:20AM +0900, Johnny Morrice wrote:

> > I have not seen "befunge" as a euphemism for brainfuck before.  Is
> > that common?
>=20
> It's a different language, befunge is a 2d language.

Thanks for the clarification.

> Your text file is like a grid.  IIRC, among the commands > < ^ v change
> direction right, left, up and down, respectively.  So this would be an
> infinite loop:
>=20
> ^<

Would this produce an infinite loop as well?

    v>
    ^<

>=20
> Hey, I don't know if there's a ruby interpreter for it!  Making one
> would definitely be a fun evening with a beer.
>=20
> Nor seemingly does there seem to be an interpreter in excel...
> actually I think Excel would be great for this sort of thing, seeing as
> it's a 2d grid.

That makes sense -- and could be another fun evening with a beer.  Just
don't ask me to use it to write a Web application for any purpose other
than to demonstrate being able to do so.  Actually, don't even ask me to
do it for that reason.

--=20

--/Uq4LBwYP4y1W6pO