On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 02:34:29AM +0900, Alan Chen wrote:
> Note that C++ has the friend keyword that does something similiar. Its
> just with ruby you always have friends ;).  Last time I looked, Python had
> a similiar "security bug" via __dict__.

The difference is that with C++, friends have to be declared by the
class (Bar cannot declare himself to be Foo's friend; Foo must declare
Bar to be his friend).

One "security bug" that C++ has is that you can simply do:
  #define private public
  #include "Foo.hpp"

but I think this has undefined behavior.  You can probably do something
similar with friend, though it would be trickier.

Paul