--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

On Sat, Apr 02, 2011 at 08:45:34AM +0900, Johnny Morrice wrote:
> > Yeah!  Why would programmers want Rails?
> >=20
> > Oh, wait. . . .
>=20
> I never thought of it as mismatched targeted advertising before,
> for some reason I thought spamming was either a really dumb process or
> operated by humans, I didn't know that spammers went to the effort of
> automated targeting, sort of thing that would produce a "HEY THEY LIKE
> RAILS!" mistake.
>=20
> Nor have I considered what racket programmers have to
> endure on this front...

People who run their own weblogs with comment forms tend to have to deal
with this a lot more than those who don't -- especially if (like me) they
know that things like Akismet are prone to false positives, and care
about whether legitimate, interesting comments get lost in the spam
filter.  Spamming is often targeted by scripts, as my experience
suggests, and those scripts are sometimes hilariously poor at choosing
targets likely to be interested in the subject of the advertisement.

--=20

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI--