Tridib Bandopadhyay wrote in post #990410:
> 1. Is the Init_Name I am declaring and calling from the ruby file, Is it
> acting like a Library function? If not, how to create a library
> function?

"Now look at the last function, Init_Test. Every class or module defines
a C global function named Init_ Name. This function will be called when
the interpreter first loads the extension Name (or on startup for
statically linked extensions). It is used to initialize the extension
and to insinuate it into the Ruby environment."

I don't know what you mean by "acting like a library function". Your
code will be either compiled into a shared library (.so or .dll), or
linked directly into the ruby binary, depending on how you build it.
Init_<Name> is a publicly-accessible function, which is called by ruby
when the module is loaded, or when the interpreter starts.

http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Kernel.html#M001418