Excellent work as always Ryan.
One thing:
rake package (and by extension rake install_gem, rake release) does not
respect the Manifest.txt when it comes to the test/ directory.
All test_* files are included in the gem wether or not they are
specified in Manifest.txt

This is a bit counterintuitive. It might be my personal way, but I have
a bunch of tests for functionality that I do not yet want in the gem.
This kinda throws a wrench in the works.
Cheers,
V.-

--
http://www.ampelofilosofies.gr