On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Marc Weber <marco-oweber / gmx.de> wrote:

> Excerpts from Eric Christopherson's message of Thu Mar 31 04:06:32 +0200
> 2011:
> > What would be the best headless web testing/automation library to use,
> > given that:
> > 1. I want to automate filling in and submitting forms on one web site,
> > which uses only a little JavaScript.
> > 2. I want something that balances ease of use and stability, and is
> > reasonably actively maintained
> > ?.
>
> The only headless browser supporting JS I know about is HTMLUnit
> (written in Java). I remember having seen some libraries providing Ruby
> interfaces for it.

Celerity.

It is also pretty good, and bloody fast. It also has some nice features wrt
HTTPS and certificates (inherited from the HttpUnit library). The Ruby API
is pretty good - a nice example of how to wrap a Java API with Ruby.

Capybara supports Celerity as a driver, but I think there is talk of
removing it.

--
http://richardconroy.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/RichardConroy