On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 01:24:53PM +0900, Tony Arcieri wrote:
> I'm trying to use autotest in conjunction with RSpec 2. Almost everything
> seems to work... with one exception.
>
> If I change any specs, autotest does the expected focused spec on my code!
> Great! But if I change the implementation, nada.
>
> It seems like the default mapping that autotest expects between spec files
> and implementation files is:
>
>   spec/foo_spec.rb => lib/foo.rb
>   spec/bar_spec.rb => lib/bar.rb
>
> However, I'm following the POLS Ruby gem directory structure, which is:
>
>   spec/foo_spec => lib/mygem/foo.rb
>   spec/bar_spec => lib/mygem/bar.rb
>
> How do I get autotest to work with this sort of directory structure and
> rspec2?
>
> And before anyone suggests autospec, it's deprecated as of rspec2. If you
> attempt to run the autospec that's installed with rspec2, it tells you
> autospec is deprecated and instructs you to install autotest.

You can alter how autotest looks at the mappings between tests and files
with an :initialize hook.  I'm using minitest/spec and needed to provide
some additional mapping information to autotest to get it to find the right
file <-> spec mapping.

    https://github.com/collectiveintellect/ashbe/blob/master/.autotest

I can't remember where I pull this from originally, I think possibly
rspec2.

enjoy,

-jeremy

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy / hinegardner.org