On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 12:42, ts wrote:

> S> ? What does that mean in regards to the original question?  If the
> S> variable can be eval()'d, I don't see why a method can't be called on
> S> it...
>
>  this is why eval is evil :-)

Ah, I see.  ^,^  So, then, is this a "security bug" in Ruby, or by
design that eval() can operate on 'objects' when normal signals/methods
can't?  Also, if variables a special case of object, should there not be
a special operator for working on them; something similar to the
"dereference" operator in C/C++ or the like.