--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:49:54AM +0900, 7stud -- wrote:
> Chad Perrin wrote in post #990079:
> >
> > I have heard good things about both Scala and Clojure, though they
> > both suffer the limitation of requiring the JVM.  I plan to give them
> > both a look this year, as well as Haskell, but have not gotten around
> > to it yet.
>=20
> I don't know if you've seen the Pragmatic Programmer's book "Seven
> Languages in Seven weeks".  It gives brief overviews of Ruby, Io,
> Prolog, Clojure, Scala, Erlang, and Haskell.

Actually, I have it.  In fact, I had it on pre-order for an awfully long
time, through something like three or four publication delays, before it
was finally shipped.  That book is the reason I expect to get through
some brief introductions to Clojure, Scala, and Haskell this year.

I'm not getting through it all in seven weeks, though.  I've done the Io
stuff so far (and read the section about Ruby first, of course).  I've
got some other stuff I need to do before I get back to that book and pick
up the next language in the queue.

--=20

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj