On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 12:25, ts wrote:

> S> Hmm, odd.  Everything in Ruby is a class... so a variable is a class,
> S> too, right?
>
>  ???
>
>  Everything in ruby is an object

Class, object, same difference.  You know what I meant.  (Sorry,
thinking in terms of the language I'm working on, that doesn't
differentiate between classes and objects yet).

> S> Shouldn't there be a method for the variable class to
> S> retrieve its value without eval()'ing it?  I don't play much with
> S> referenced variables.  ^,^
>
>  instance variable are private variables.

? What does that mean in regards to the original question?  If the
variable can be eval()'d, I don't see why a method can't be called on
it...