Hello, this is not so much a sketchup question as a Ruby one that I
cannot figure out. What I am trying to do is create new variables that
all have the same base name then add a number to make a series of
variables named like wall1, wall2, wall3, ect.

What I am trying to do is take an array, lets call it originalarray,
which has say 64 objects in it, and create 8 smaller arrays from this.
So array1 would be orginalarray[0-7], array2 would be
originalarray[8-15], and so on for 8 new arrays. The problem is I do not
know the length of the original array, as it is being populated by data
from an xml sheet, but I know the multiple of how it is being created,
ie by multiples of 8.

I have been trying to do this using loops doing something like:

    n=0
    while n != originalarray.length/8
      n=n.to_s
      array+n=originalarray[0..7]
      n=n.to_i
      n=n+1
    end

I realize that is doesn't work at all in that you cannot make variables
like this, I am just trying to give a better picture of what my goal is.
So I am wondering is it possible to accomplish this at all, and if so
how? Or is there a much easier way to do this using classes or some
other method to accomplish the same goal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your
time.