Excuse me for posting something of local
interest, but in case anyone cares, I'll be
speaking to the Austin Perlmongers on
Wednesday April 17.

I know there are some Ruby types in Austin,
some of whom may not tabs on what the
Perl folks are doing.

All info below.

Cheers,
Hal Fulton

-----------------

When
====

The next APM meeting will be Wednesday April 17th, 2002, 6:30pm at
Tek Systems.  Tek Systems is catering dinner.

What
====

"Ruby for Perl Programmers"
  by Hal Fulton

This is an informal introduction to the language, starting by showing a
little of how it is and isn't like Perl. Some of Ruby's best features are
also showcased such as its object model, dynamic features, exception
mechanism, mixins, iterators, closures, and threads.

Where
=====

Tek Systems, on the North side of Austin and is conveniently located
close to 183.  Maxim Group is now called Tek Systems.  This is the
same location that we have been meeting for the last 18 months.

Drinking/Socializing
====================

AFTER the meeting, a small group will be going out to socialize.  We solve
problems, discuss technology and its ramifications, brag about our Linux
boxes, find jobs, tell horrible jokes, and listen to Mark try to convince
someone to accept the presidency of APM.  The group typically meets at
B.B. Rover's, which serves food and drinks.

BB Rover's Cafe & Pub
12636 Research Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78759
Tel: (512) 335-9504

Directions to Tek Systems
=========================

Going North on 183:

- Take the Oak Knoll Exit.

- If you are going South on 183 take the Duvall exit and take the U turn so
  that you are heading North.

- Take your First right at Riata Trace Parkway (which is before the Oak
Knoll
  light)

- Take your second right at Riata Corporate Park. (You'll see a Netsolve
  sign)

- IMMEDIATELY turn right again (the sign does not have our name on it) You
  will be facing our building and turn left into the parking lot.  Walk into
  the double doors and we are the first door on the left-Suite 100.

Meeting Location:

12331-1 Riata Trace Parkway, Suite ***200***  <- upstairs now
Austin, TX 78727
512-257-6907

Here is the URL of a map of the meeting location:

http://sitemap.mapquest.com/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3bf72q%26FD
T7w%7cl6rl5u%24.hzt5gy%24%3a%26%40%24%3a%26r%240u6%240u6%24PK%18%19%3dTPWIK,
b2q0yn%26%3d1a0wz0%26%40%24%3a%26%40%24%3a1%40

--
Mark Lehmann
email mlehmann / marklehmann.com | phone 512 689-7705