--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

ZOMG HAPPY TUESDAY (UTC-7)!!!  <3<3<3<3<3

I am happy to announce that the first release candidate for Rails 3.0.6 has
been pushed to rubygems.org.

## Release Candidate: What does it mean?

The release candidate is very similar to what we will actually release for
version 3.0.6.  The reason that we release an RC is so that the community can
have a chance to postpone or veto commits that have happened between the
previous version and the version we're about to release.

We are asking you (yes you!) to *try out* the release candidate.  If something
that changed between 3.0.5 and this release candidate breaks your application,
we want to know about it!

## How do I try it out?

Simply update your Gemfile to point at the rails version "3.0.6.rc1", then
`bundle install`.

## Where can I see a list of Changes?

Either look at the CHANGELOG in each particular project on
[github](https://github.com/rails/rails/tree/3-0-6), *or* check out the
handy [compare
view](https://github.com/rails/rails/compare/v3.0.5...v3.0.6.rc1).

Again, per project changelogs:

  https://github.com/rails/rails/tree/3-0-6

*or* compare view:

  https://github.com/rails/rails/compare/v3.0.5...v3.0.6.rc1

## ZOMG SOMETHING BROKE, WHAT DO I DO?

at let us know about the problem!  We will discuss the problem and how to handle
it before the final version is pushed.

## WHEN WILL THE FINAL VERSION BE RELEASED?!?!?!

Unless there are problems found in the RC, we will release the final version
no less than 72 hours from *now*, but not exactly 72 hours from now (as I will
be on vacation :-P).

If there are problems found in the RC, we will release another RC and give the
community another chance to test before releasing.

## IN CLOSING

Remember, this is *your* chance to veto / postpone our release.  Despite the
lols I have in this email, please take advantage of this opportunity!  We do not
want to break people's applications.  The best we can do is ask for help!

Thanks for listening everyone!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

--
Aaron Patterson