On 25 Mar 2011, at 18:44, Ryan Davis wrote:

>=20
>=20
> On Mar 25, 2011, at 8:19, Iain Barnett <iainspeed / gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
>> conftest.c: In function =91t=92:
>> conftest.c:7: error: too few arguments to function =91libiconv_open=92
>> checked program was:
>> /* begin */
>> 1: #include "ruby.h"
>> 2:=20
>> 3: #include =
</Library/Frameworks/Libiconv.framework/Versions/1.13.1/include/iconv.h>
>> 4:=20
>> 5: /*top*/
>> 6: int main() {return 0;}
>> 7: int t() { iconv_open(); return 0; }
>> /* end */
>=20
> The error is here and is pretty clear whether it were C or ruby. It =
failed because it wasn't called with the right number of args.

It's one thing to be able to read it, it's another thing to understand, =
which I why I said I didn't really understand what I was looking at. =
Since I don't use C and this is the first time I've used the mkmf =
library I was hoping for a hint at *why* this came out the way it did.

 I was calling the arguments the way the nokogiri gem does in order to =
try and fix a problem I'm having with it.

In the meantime I've found that using `find_library` brought back more =
positive results.

Regards,
Iain=