> Hmmm perhaps you misunderstand.  I need a Carbonized ruby interpreter;
> whatever wraps over that is beside the point.

The question is what you mean by "Carbonized."

The project you refer to:
>> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=carbon+group:comp.lang.ruby&hl=en&selm=
>> B72F3122.1CF%25cyberelf%40mac.com&rnum=1

seems to be intent on making the Carbon APIs available to Ruby scripts,
so that's what I asssumed you actually meant.

Carbonization normally refers to the process of updating a classic Mac
OS application to use the Carbon APIs. Ruby doesn't need to be
carbonized; it'll run just fine on Mac OS X, even embedded in a Carbon
app. Just call the interpreter APIs as you normally would.

If what you want is to run Ruby with CarbonLib on 9, I'm afraid you're
not going to have much luck. You'd have to re-port the interpreter to
Mac OS 9 in the first place, and most people with interest in such a
project have likely moved on to Mac OS X.

Chris