Kevin DeValck wrote in post #988602:
> Does anybody know how I can run ruby cgi scripts in my web server. I
> coded the webserver myself in ruby.

You need to implement the (obsolete) CGI spec yourself in your server:
http://w3.org/CGI/
http://graphcomp.com/info/specs/cgi11.html
See also RFC 3875

You could spawn the process yourself using IO.popen, but the trouble is
setting the environment variables first in a thread-safe way. Probably
better to use IO.pipe, fork and exec. Look at the source for open3.rb in
the standard library.

I'm sure this will be an interesting learning exercise about how CGI
works, but most people have abandoned CGI anyway because it's hugely
inefficient. So if I were you, I'd be looking at Rack instead, or at
least FastCGI or SCGI.

HTH,

Brian.