On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 9:11 PM, Kevin Kevin <kevin_de_valck / hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anybody know how I can run ruby cgi scripts in my web server. I
> coded the webserver myself in ruby. At this moment I use ERB to parse
> the .rhtml files. It all works fine but now i want to use the
> functionality of CGI to extend my webserver. So I would like to read the
> CGI file, parse it and send my html output to the user's webbrowser.
>
> So does anybody knows how to run a CGI file?

That depends on your webserver. Apache has the fast_cgi module, which
should help you in getting up to speed, if you use Apache. I'm certain
lighttp and NGinx have similar modules/plugins/whatever to facilitate
CGI.

And I think Ruby's Webrick HTTP server-cum-library should be able to
serve Ruby CGI scripts.

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Though the folk I have met,