On 21.03.2011 17:07, Fily Salas wrote:
> It looks like the main thing is to start scripting a lot. I will try to
> find some ideas to start creating some programs to automate some
> processes, I think this will be hardest part for me since I don't see
> too many options (at least at the moment).

Well, is there anything writing textual log files where you work?  If so
you could tackle some toy projects reading those log files and
generating interesting statistics.  That way you can learn basic file
handling and also various methods to parse data (e.g. parsing timestamps
and creating Time instances from them, parsing error messages etc.).  Or
you could parse output of "last" command (if on some kind of Unix) and
generate statistics how often your system was booted per day or how many
days it took etc.

Kind regards

	robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/