I would also like to know if there is going to be a Ruby Summer of Code.
 I've been looking at the stuff on Google & there doesn't seem to be much in
the way of Ruby projects, which is kind of a downer for me as Ruby is
(disfortunately) the only language I know well enough to code anything large
in.  Having more projects to choose from would be really nice, as I really
want to cut my teeth on a larger project.  So, if anyone knows anything
speak up!

thanks
hex