> 2 Major Enhancements:

Cool thanks for the release.

If you ever get the time for it, the following are a couple ideas that
might help speed up rubygems on windows.  I had some success with them
with my faster_rubygems project, but haven't kept up with the latest
updates.  Some of these may already be included in rubygems I don't
know...

1) use marshal instead of yaml for the specs (this helps jruby boot more
quickly since yaml is a heavier dependency on that VM).
2) combine all the gemspec files into one "cached" gemspec file, per gem
directory.
3) also cache somehow a list of each "requireable" file within each gem
(for instance, within the file for 2).  Then for
Gem.searcher.find_in_unresolved you just iterate over that list instead
of actually hitting the file system.

The combination of these makes for lightning fast rubygems in windows,
though I'm not sure which one has most effect.

Anyway thanks for your work on this.
-roger