On Mar 20, 12:27=A0pm, Fabrice Fabrisss <fabri... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm developing a ruby gem that I would like to build and install LOCALLY
> so that I could use it in some other projects. The commands I use are:
>
> gem build gemname.gemspec
> gem install gemnane-0.0.1.gem
>
> But I think that my gem is not correctly installed because this command
> gives me an empty list:
>
> gem contents gemname
>
> In my gemspec, I use:
>
> s.files =3D `git ls-files`.split("\n")

You can verify the gem contents doing "gem spec gemname files"

> What's wrong in my gem install process ? Thank you !

"gem install path/to/gemfile.gem" will normally install fine (if you
see "gemname X.Y.Z installed" then everything should be fine.

You can disable remote installation doing --local on gem install to
take the path to your gem.

If you provide the exact output of the commands you introduce (gem
build, gem install and gem spec) we will be able to help you better.

--
Luis Lavena