Hi John,

I confess I don't know a lot of the technical stuff about class Fixnum,
as I've not really needed to until now.

Currently I am getting the value of 'pop' from the user with the
following code:

   puts "please enter a population size"
pop = gets.chomp

Do I have to declare the type of pop as fixnum?

Note when I run 'pop.inspect' after getting the value from the user it
returns the value I input.

Thanks,
Jen.