> Your opening made you come off like a jackass with
> an urge to belittle people, who offers helpful coding advice only as an
> unintended side-effect of serving that urge.

Well, good advice is good advice and Ryan gave you plenty, for free. In this
case being an asshole is just damaging *him*, since you pretty much got what
you wanted and he's the one who came off as high and mighty.

I honestly feel that we, as programmers, don't need all that "feel good"
bullshit that permeates pretty much all other engineering fields. Ryan's been
an "asshole" on this list to me too, but a *right* asshole and that is all
that matters to me.

Please don't be offended by this kind of behaviour, it's what keeps our craft
afloat and alive.

--

Andrea Dallera
http://github.com/bolthar