On Mar 17, 2:30    䱮

> mingw is not bundled with either Ruby Windows installer, or the rubygems
> installer, making your entire point moot.
> extension
> via ruby gems, you have to:
>
> 1. install ruby
> 2. install ruby gems
> 3. install rubydevkit
> 4. execute a .bat or .ps1 file every single time you want to install or
> update a gem that needs to be compiled.

Incorrect.

1) Install RubyInstaller. RubyGems is already bundled
2) Download DevKit. Installation is a manual process for now,
contributions are welcome to provide a real installer.
3) There is no step 3, gem install will trigger the gem compilation
without polluting your normal environment.

> So don't give me this bullshit about MS not allowing you to bundle 3rd
> party software, they don't bundle gcc either.

Dude, chill out, MS EULA forbids you to bundle Visual Studio with any
tool.

This is an old discussion about MinGW versus Visual Studio for Ruby
for Windows, and you've reach to it 3 years later.

You can still use Visual Studio, sure, go ahead download Ruby source
code, download all dependencies and compile them with Visual Studio,
and rejoice, be happy, go whatever you want.

But don't come here to criticizes the work done by others.

Windows != Visual Studio. There are other languages beyond C or C# and
of course there are other compilers beyond Microsoft one.

So all the offensive stuff you wrote is completely pointless.

> Next time, just acknowledge the point and state no one has any interest
> in fixing it instead of launching into the OSS party line.
> misinterpreting statements of intention as threats.

Fixing? what is broken? Please, show it to me, wait, even better, send
some patches, I will happily apply to Ruby itself.

--
Luis Lavena