Hello.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 05:07:47PM +0900, Robert Klemme wrote:
> I'd rather provide a custom #inspect method for objects which may
> contain potentially large volumes of data.  Nobody can read that
> anyway when printed on console or somewhere else.

I agree with you: if I am going to print out a big object to the console, it's
better to provide a custom #inspect in order to generate a nice summary.

However, I find it odd that I *must* write such a method for all big objects,
regardless of whether I'm ever going to print them out or not -- because
otherwise my program may eventually freeze for up to a few minutes doing the
very complicated task of telling me that some method didn't exist :)

--
Adiel Mittmann