Luis Lavena wrote in post #987573:
> On Mar 15, 3:09am, Mr Eiland <mreiland1... / yahoo.com> wrote:
>> It sounds to me like it has more to do with some of Ruby's design
>> decisions, which is something I can believe.
>>

> Yes and no, see what I've mentioned about CRT mismatch.

Which is a technical challenge, not an insurmountable hurdle.  See
Python for an example.

>> This will definitely be the last Ruby project I do on Windows, the Ruby
>> team needs to work on their windows support. I'm a unix weenie so it's
>> natural for me to use the mingw toolchain, but others aren't so
>> fortunate.
>>

> And so the same for Visual Studio.

That's a shitty response.  Windows dev's know Visual Studio,and the
context of this entire discussion has been about building extensions in
Windows, which makes your point facetious.

>> And no, I'm not willing to put forth my time to do it, I'll just be sure
>> and avoid Ruby on windows from now on. Ruby is a beautiful language,
>> but as far as I'm concerned it's hardly usable on Windows.
>
> Then stop complaining. If you're not willing to contribute back, then
> shut up.

Roger that, send me a private email and I'll let you know how much it's
going to cost you to influence my behavior.