On Mar 16, 2011, at 5:33 PM, Chuck Remes wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2011, at 3:34 PM, Kevin wrote:
>
>> Does this release mean that it is generally safe to use 1.9 style code with
>> Jruby?
>
> Yes.

Let me expand on that just a bit. JRuby still defaults to the 1.8 syntax, so for running 1.9 code you must pass the --1.9 command line switch when starting it up. I believe there is a way to make that a default but I don't know the exact details. I assume it involves setting an environment parameter to contain the --1.9 command; I recommend asking on the JRuby mailing list or joining the #jruby channel on irc.freenode.net and asking there.

cr