In article
<97F6FA471BF3C14E9A14EC45D05D99CD21F72E8218 / STRATUSMBX01.Terenine.com>,
 Toby Gambill <toby.gambill / api-recruiting.com> wrote:

> We have to be very careful when we put out information because job seekers
> can and do find out who our clients are and attempt to back door the
> recruiter which happens, we are doing a service to our contractors and
> clients.

There is no logic in that.  If anyone can go behind your back, you're
not a job recruiter for that company.  You're just some kind of middle
man, like I said, who is re-listing public ads.  A company that is
enlisting a proper search firm would simply forward any unwanted resumes
they received to you, and you would promptly remove the candidate from
consideration for behaving so unprofessionally.  Reality trumps the FUD.

> Exceptional pay rate (top talent expects top pay) and I agree with you on
> this and I get the top for my candidates that is how I get paid too,
> Corporate recruiters are commission based.

Please.  Many of us have had tons of experience with recruiters, good
and bad, and we know the various ways the game is played.  When you
don't list *any* financial details, it is a red flag.  Simple as that.

> Unique job responsibilities (not just a list of technologies) this
> information is given to you when you decide to submit your resume to my
> clients

Again, there is a failure in logic.  Why would any "top talent" submit
their resume for a generic Ruby job *without* getting that information
first?  With so many shady recruiters, there isn't even reason to
believe that *any* such Ruby job even exists.

> Industry or Company (who I work for matters) The industry is Media

Oh, yeah, great!  Media.  Very informative.  Let us all rush right out
to be part of the Media industry . . .

> Location (where I work matters) 2 positions in Tennessee- 1 is for a junior
> developer and 1 senior developer, 10 positions in NY for senior developers is
> all my client will allow me to say at this time

So you have work in a low cost of living area and a high cost of living
area, but refuse to say what the pay is.  You won't say what is
interesting about the work, and don't distinguish even the *type* of
work (could be a news network "media", or it could be a porn site
"media", or anything else under the sun).

Your client will not be getting top talent.  Given the way recruiters
work now, they're usually lucky to get competent talent.  It used to be
that recruiters on Usenet were *great*, even welcome, because they went
the extra mile to give you what couldn't be found on job search sites.
If you're not going to do that, there is little point in your being here.

--
iPhone apps that matter:    http://appstore.subsume.com/
My personal UDP list: 127.0.0.1, localhost, googlegroups.com, astraweb.com,